Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 14:47:23 +0300
From: Solar Designer <>
Subject: Re:  Re: Mac OS X 10.4 Hashes..

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 08:30:27PM +0000, Matt D. wrote:
> Does anyone know of an update to this patch for support in Linux?

I did not.  But I've just made one for you - it's attached (to be
applied on top of the above patch).  The problem was not with Linux vs.
OS X, but rather with the original patch not supporting little-endian
architectures such as x86.  It worked on Linux/SPARC just fine, which
I've used to identify where things went wrong on x86.  It is likely that
64-bit architectures will require even further fixups to this patch; I
haven't bothered to test that yet.

Alexander Peslyak <solar at>
GPG key ID: 5B341F15  fp: B3FB 63F4 D7A3 BCCC 6F6E  FC55 A2FC 027C 5B34 1F15 - bringing security into open computing environments

Was I helpful?  Please give your feedback here:

View attachment "john-1.7-saltsha1-endianness-fixup.diff" of type "text/plain" (1028 bytes)

To unsubscribe, e-mail and reply
to the automated confirmation request that will be sent to you.