Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 08:54:08 +1300
From: Russell Fulton <r.fulton@...kland.ac.nz>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Windows Domain Account Cracking

Fowler, Garry R wrote:
>    Just out of curiosity, just what are you "auditing"?

Can't speek for Hari :)  but I would love to be able to grab a small
random selection of hashes from our AD (which has around 50,000 entries)
and try and crack them as a check that our mechanisms that purportedly
force users to choose 'good' passwords actually works  (i.e. classic
auditing).  I would also like to check password of the accounts that
have domain privilege and those used to access our critical servers
actually meet the higher standard required by policy.

Russell