Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:24:20 -0600
From: jonemark <jonemark@....edu>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: SSHA in JtR

Hello, all,

I haven't seen this particular issue addressed on the list yet, so...

Not being an uber-programmer, I'm curious to know if anyone is
considering building (or in the process of building) SSHA support for
the 1.7.* version of John the Ripper.

In the past I was using the "Netscape LDAP" diff file for 1.6. It
worked fine on a G4 PPC (with JtR compiled as generic) but broke when
I moved things to a G5.

So, I was hoping, anybody willing to take that plunge. (Hint, hint to
Eric W. Whose jumbo patches are great, by the by.)

--jonesy
Mark Jones
ISU Computer Center
IT Programmer Analyst, Associate