Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 17:53:39 +0200 (CEST)
From: rembrandt@...erlin.de
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re:  Re: John the Ripper 1.7.1

I just have another question related to the make-Targets.

How come Solaris and f.e. SCO-UNIX have no MXX nor SSE2 even they also run
on normal x86?

solaris-x86-any          Solaris, x86, gcc
sco-x86-any-gcc          SCO, x86, gcc
sco-x86-any-cc           SCO, x86, cc

And I think Sparc now also runs on Opterons.. so it`s also a x86-64. :-)
Maybe that`s a little improvement for any further version.
Because as far as I know assembly is.. OS indipendent. ;)

I noticed this during helping the other guy with his Solaris-"Problem".

Kind regards,
Rembrandt