Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 11:44:33 +0200
From: Simon Marechal <simon@...quise.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Problems applying mscash patch

Daryl G Bamforth wrote:
> Hi,
Hello

> ./john -format:mscash file
>
> I was getting the error
> fopen: ./etc/john/john.ini No such file or directory

The "bigpatch" modifies the location john is looking for its
configuration file. I did this to match the behavior of the john debian
package. In order to make it work on your computer you can either:
* copy the john conf file into /etc/john/
* alter params.h, make clean and make again file so that it looks for
the file at the location of your choice

> Started from scratch and grabbed the file
> http://www.openwall.com/john/contrib/john-1.6.37-mscash-5.diff.gz
>
> same process and then attempted to run again
>
> This time I get the error
> fopen: ./all.chr: No such file or directory

This is the same problem as previously covered:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=john-users&m=112554006816514&w=2

PS: you should not use the generic version. What is your exotic
architecture?