Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 02:00:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: Lyn Scott <>
Subject: Re: how to apply md5 patch

--- Simon Marechal <> wrote:

>just go into the john-xxxx directory and run with

thx for the feedback. Now the patch works fine
# patch -p1 <john-1.6.37-raw-md5-1.diff
patching file src/john.c
patching file src/Makefile
patching file src/md5.c
patching file src/md5.h
patching file src/options.c
patching file src/rawMD5_fmt.c

compiling with make clean linux-x86-any-elf gives me
no error.

After that i tried
./john --format=rawMD5 passwd
Unknown ciphertext format name requested

It seems i have no rawMD5 support. Have i forgotten
something? I tried to use incermental mode too...

Loaded 13 password hashes with 11 different salts
(Traditional DES [24/32 4K])
fopen: ./all.chr: No such file or directory

i copied the all.chr from the 1.6 version. Now
incremental mode works. But what about the rawMD5?
What is wrong with my setup in the 1.6.37 version?

thx in advance

Do You Yahoo!?