Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 20:03:59 +0200
From: Agnieszka Bielec <bielecagnieszka8@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: PHC: Lyra2 on GPU

> I tried building your code but it's broken for OSX:
>
> In file included from Lyra2_fmt_plug.c:21:0:
> Lyra2.h:75:262: error: unknown type name 'pthread_barrier_t'
>  int LYRA2_LM_(void *K, unsigned int kLen, const void *pwd, unsigned int
> pwdlen, const void *salt, unsigned int saltlen, unsigned int timeCost,
> unsigned int nRows, unsigned int nCols, unsigned int nThreads, int
> threadNumber,struct lyra2_lm_allocation *allocated,pthread_barrier_t
> *barrier);
>

>                                                  ^
> Lyra2.h:77:225: error: unknown type name 'pthread_barrier_t'
>  int LYRA2_LM(void *out, size_t outlen, const void *in, size_t inlen, const
> void *salt, size_t saltlen, unsigned int t_cost, unsigned int m_cost,
> unsigned int nThreads, int threadNumber,struct lyra2_lm_allocation
> *allocated, pthread_barrier_t *barrier);
>

>             ^
> make[1]: *** [Lyra2_fmt_plug.o] Error 1
> make: *** [default] Error 2
>
> magnum

OS X doesn't have pthread_barrier_t but I had problems with speed on
lyra2-lm on super when I was using barriers in openmp, and only this
change made that the speed is normal, I will decide what I will do
with this error, if you want to test my code I recommend you to switch
to commit e6a532b40e4c98418913075b5407e50765f2298a because my newest
commit works on super on both cards but in my laptop doesn't work when
LWS=GWS (cmp_all(1) failed) and I don't know if this is bug in my code
or somewhere else. and to make my code compiling it's enough to remove
files whose name begin with "Lyra2"