Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 17:28:54 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: PHC: yescrypt on GPU

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 01:39:57PM +0200, Agnieszka Bielec wrote:
> I wanted to make split kernel in yescrypt to make that kernel will be
> execuing less that 1 second like I did in pomelo but it seems that
> this could took me a lot of time.
> I can just set in auto-tune option that kernel can be executed much
> longer than 1 s.
> and I was talking with Lukas and he agreed with me and told that this
> is not so important because anybody won't be using GPU to crack
> yescrypt.
>
> what you think about that?

I think it's OK to postpone this work, although having a split kernel
would be nice from multiple perspectives.

> btw.
>
> http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-dev/2015/04/17/18
>
> here you told that you will provide guidance, so can I get this guidance?

Unfortunately, not right now.  Hopefully, next week.  I am traveling
with my laptop now and attending an event.  Got quite a backlog of work
to do and emails to reply to.

I am sorry about this unfortunate timing.

Alexander