Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 20:28:41 +0800
From: Kai Zhao <loverszhao@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Kai's weekly report #6

Hi Alexander,

> Finished?  What about false positives detection?

Sorry to miss that. I will test the false positives this week.

> By "generic", do you mean those implemented on host CPU?

generic means that john build with --disable-opencl and --disable-cuda.

> OpenCL and CUDA, please.  And not only by afl, but also by fuzz.pl.

Yes, also CUDA. But I think it would be better to test CUDA next week,
since there are many things to do this week, such as improve fuzz.pl,
also it takes several days to fuzz OpenCL by afl.

Yes, I should fuzz OpenCL with fuzz.pl too.

> OK.  What do you want to optimize there, though?

As you said, add false positives detection and more replacement
characters (add '*' and '#'). Also maybe I can try other mutate methods,
such as insert string at somewhere in the hash, change case.

Thanks,

Kai

[ CONTENT OF TYPE text/html SKIPPED ]