Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 21:04:26 +0300
From: Shinnok <admin@...nnok.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [RFC] Johnny upcoming release !

> On Jun 3, 2015, at 9:38 PM, Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com> wrote:
>
> I'll test this out on windows 32/64 bit OS's. Also I've got some
> windows builds (recent) I'll put up on the custom builds page in a few
> hours when I have more time and you can see if the SIGNAL'ing is
> working for Cygwin builds.. I know most windows users like a
> next,next,finish install and we can create unofficial ones using NSIS
> etc... I may be able to help in this respect as well. I'm not sure how
> Solar and other maintainers care about or vet what is contributed by
> others.I'd like the windows JtR to be seemless for others, especially
> with all the complicated options and variables JtR Jumbo has these
> days :)

I think it makes sense for us to first try out the Qt Installer Framework for Windows. If that doesn't work for us I think we are forced to use NSIS(I think it's a bit too bloated for what we'll need but maybe you can help us there?) or the Visual Studio 2012 "Installer project" method.

I'm also seriously considering bundling Jumbo with it, otherwise I don't see much point in providing an installer for Johnny only.

Thanks for the help offer!

Shinnok