Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 23:36:35 +0200
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Agnieszka's weekly report #3

> I forgot about that my auto tuning is wrong (so far I'm setting gws
> manually) and I will investigate this

Just for the record Agnieszka and I set up a meeting to solve it tomorrow.
At the first glance I found that specifying GWS via envirnoment
variable is not working and this is because third parameter of this
call:
autotune_run(self, 1, 100, 1000);

is gws_limit (see how nice it is resolved in mysql-sha1-opencl) and
64*2 (STEP 0 means *2 IIRC) is grater than 100.

In the common-opencl.c there is a opencl_find_best_gws function which
does the job and it's main loop is not doing anything - nothing is
beeing tested because loop is not entered. You should take a look at
this and from this point it should be easy to spot a problem. I am not
familiar with this great auto tuning code, but maybe others can see
the problem at the first sight, if not we will find this out tomorrow.

One more thing when you add --verbosity=5 then you will be able to see
all the messages important at this stage, so less printfs will be
required to see the problem.

I hope that helps,
Lukas