Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 10:24:03 +0300
From: Shinnok <admin@...nnok.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [Johnny] Task 1.4.2 fork and OpenMP

> On Apr 30, 2015, at 9:24 PM, Mathieu Laprise <mathlaprise@...il.com> wrote:
>
> If we choose the JtR forward sigterm/sigint to its children path, here is the code needed. I'm not sure how to submit changes to Solar's cvs repo of core john. So I put diff in this website for you to see: left is original, right is the new one.
> https://www.diffchecker.com/vhuw1xgn <https://www.diffchecker.com/vhuw1xgn>
>
> I tested it and it works with Johnny(forkOpenMP branch) or the "top" command. However, I'm not a john pro like you guys so I don't know if it could have side effects on john that I didn't think of.

You should use Magnum's Github repo for this.

https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/tree/master <https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/tree/master>

* Master branch is core john.
* bleeding-jumbo branch is jumbo.

Magnum, I guess core is updated often enough (last CVS import is from Mar 16 which suggests towards that)?

--
Shinnok
Content of type "text/html" skipped