Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 10:47:50 -0400
From: Mathieu Laprise <mathlaprise@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [Johnny] UI Designer file obsolete hints

Great ! I merged and solved conflicts with .ui file by keeping -- their
changes(yours) + my language comboBox. As you can see on the diff there (
https://github.com/shinnok/johnny/pull/3/files), my branch is now fine with
mainwindow.ui . It can automatically be merged again.

On the other hand, "Fixes for listWidgetTabs width. " commit doesn't seem
to work with dynamic.
use case 1 : When translation is applied on startup, the size of the text
is determined BEFORE MainWindow is created and it works like Aleksey's
workaround did.
use case 2 : However, when we start software with english and decide to
change to french in the setting, MainWindow was already created. Everything
widget auto-relayout fine except listWidget and we have the Mot....s if the
french word is bigger than the english word. On next startup, it'll be okay
because we'll have case 1 instead of case 2.

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 9:25 AM, Shinnok <admin@...nnok.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've proceeded to cleaning and updating the mainwindow.ui designer file to
> conform with the latest Qt Designer tool.
>
> There were some previous artifacts of development and design commented by
> Aleksey by hand in the xml file. I'm collecting them here for archival and
> discussion reasons:
> * The Benchmarking page button (a potential future task)
> * Console log page button (still relevant, see task 1.4.4)
> * Edit John's configuration file - or at least open external desktop
> editor via QDesktopServices (nice to have, how hard would it be for Johnny
> to find out the in use JtR .conf?)
> * Update formats list via JtR button (automatically update the formats
> list, at least with jumbo we can do that via the capabilities list arg,
> Aleksey currently we use the Perl script for core right?)
> * Make charset button (needs dissemination)
> * JohnStatus button in Output pane (was meant to get status of a running
> JtR instance on demand?)
> * Log page button (inspect John .log)
> * Session relevant buttons(load, save, new)
>
> Aleksey, anything I might have missed?
>
> Mathieu, your translation pull request will diff much nicer when you
> rebase on the updated master in that regard.
>
> Shinnok

Content of type "text/html" skipped