Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2015 13:02:15 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Coding Style

On Sun, Apr 05, 2015 at 05:44:22AM +0200, magnum wrote:
> Unfortunately a lot of the code deviate from our coding style.

Yes.  Given how differently-formatted code is constantly being
contributed to jumbo, maybe we should adopt a policy to reformat all of
jumbo with particular indent(1) settings?

As discussed before, this is about the closest match to what we need:

	indent -kr -i8 -nlp -nbbo -ncs -l79 -lc79

although I dislike a few things about it - e.g., how it indents goto
labels.  Oh, and IIRC our fmt_main struct initializers are mangled by
this really bad.

Maybe we should patch indent(1) for our use?

Another drawback of this mass-reformat is that the core tree of JtR
intentionally uses custom formatting in a few places.  I guess I'd have
to give up on this, just to avoid unnecessary diffs with jumbo.

Alexander