Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 18:35:34 +0300
From: Alexander Cherepanov <ch3root@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Coding Style

On 2015-04-05 06:21, Kai Zhao wrote:
> Coding style is one of my task. I want to discuss it, document it and
> convert to it.

Good.

IMHO while the details of a style are important even more important to
have one chosen style and to be able to easily enforce it and convert to
it, i.e.

1) it should be possible to convert code to it automatically,
    a) to convert existing code (e.g. all jumbo);
    b) to convert new code before committing it to the repo;

2) it should be possible to easily configure editors to support the style.

> Below is the first problem I want to discuss.
>
> Coding Style [1]: Brace Style

I'm not sure we want to create our own style. Perhaps we can chose one
of the existing ones. There are some styles mentioned and linked here:

   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indent_style

--
Alexander Cherepanov