Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2015 19:13:09 +0800
From: Kai Zhao <loverszhao@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Problem with john.conf

Hi,
There was a bug with john.conf when we add '?' before "List.Rules***", and
it was closed by #1121:

https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/pull/1121

But I think it should be discussed.There are two cases, both add '?' before
"List.Rules"

config_1
------------

# Default Loopback mode rules.
[?List.Rules:Loopback]
.include [List.Rules:NT]
.include [List.Rules:Split]
# For Single Mode against fast hashes
[List.Rules:Single-Extra]

config_2
------------

# Default Loopback mode rules.
[?List.Rules:Loopback]
# For Single Mode against fast hashes
[List.Rules:Single-Extra]

Currently, john does not report error when the section name is
"?List.Rules***"
Is it valid with the name "?List.Rules***" ? Should john report error
message
when the section likes "?List.Rules***" ?

Thanks,

Kai

[ CONTENT OF TYPE text/html SKIPPED ]