Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2015 23:18:05 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New SIMD generations, code layout

On 2015-04-01 10:13, magnum wrote:
> On 2015-04-01 06:15, Lei Zhang wrote:
>> Maybe we can start implementing the pseudo-intrinsics now. Those used
>> in DES_bs_b.c make a good reference, but not comprehensive enough.
>> What's your opinion? I may start doing this if it's appropriate.
>
> Yes, I ended up using my own brew, as in vload() for __mm*load*() and
> vadd_epi32 for __mm*add_epi32(). It also emulates some stuff, like the
> vcmov(y, z, x) (supported on XOP without emulation).
>
> I must confess having done much of the fundament already. I already
> include a section for AVX512/MIC but it's not tested and will need
> tweaking for sure.
>
> Attached is a patch with my experimental Raw-SHA512-ng and the pseudo
> header (which includes many intrinsics needed for other formats too,

For anyone not following the progress on GitHub, I just want to announce
that we currently have a topic branch named "avx2" that includes support
for AVX2 and MIC (and maybe other AVX-512 targets if they exist) but is
nowhere near stable (actually it fails self-test on most formats right
now but the problems are systematic and will be fixed soon). It will be
merged once it builds on all new targets without regression problems
with old ones.

magnum