Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 19:38:20 +0800
From: Kai Zhao <loverszhao@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Extend AFL to fuzz as you want

> Have you compared results from you modified AFL?

I fuzz the valid() with AFL and modified AFL and both have not found
crashes.

> Does it work faster with john ?

After comment the john_run() function, it work more faster.

> I think it's premature to talk about it.

I agree with you. So I am fuzzing the john.conf, john.pot, and password.lst
this
week. And I am going to fuzz john with more options.

Do you have some suggestions about what I am doing this week?

I have submitted my proposal to GSoC, it will be very nice if you can give
me some
advice.

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/public/google/gsoc2015/zhaokai/5629499534213120

Thank you for your time.