Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 08:40:48 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: md5crypt-opencl

On 2013-11-25 07:46, magnum wrote:
> PUTCHAR need an int* destination and a char source. Obviously if both
> are aligned it's much faster to copy *dst++ = *src++ with both being ints.

Here's roughly what I mean, although it should be optimized so we avoid
the conditional if possible (or so we can always do it 32-bit). The
attached patch works and is faster, but it can be made much better.
Possibly prepare somthing outside the inner loop.

magnum

View attachment "md5cl.patch" of type "text/plain" (1466 bytes)