Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 23:08:45 +0100
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: md5crypt-opencl

2013/11/24 magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>:
> Always use -verb=4 or higher when experimenting, to see build warnings from
> runtime. If kernel is cached, rm ../run/kernels/*bin (and rm -r ~/.nv for
> nvidia, iirc) to see warnings again.

I didn't know about this feature, thx I'll use it next time instead of
-Werror :)

> Could you please post a fixed WIP so I can play around with it. Fixing the
> obvious bugs give me a FAILED (get_hash[0](0)) so I probably miss something.

That's exactly how bug I fixed manifested. What obvious bugs do you mind?

> But I see room for improvement unless things are more unaligned than I
> think.

Code attached, obvious things to do now is get rid of ctx (use ctxs[0]
instead) and remove this redundant copy after md5_digest.

Lukas

Download attachment "cryptmd5.cl" of type "application/octet-stream" (11093 bytes)