Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 08:59:36 -0400
From: Yaniv Sapir <yaniv@...pteva.com>
To: john-dev <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: bcrypt-parallella on 64-core (was: Katja's weekly
 report #13)

So, IIUC, R38 is loaded from some external address (0x8f00****), which is
contrary to what you mention in the beginning, isn't it?

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:08 AM, Katja Malvoni <kmalvoni@...il.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Yaniv Sapir <yaniv@...pteva.com> wrote:
>
>> These come from compiled code, or your optimized assembly?
>>

> r38 comes from my code but it's not external load, one member of P array
> is loaded into r38 but P array is in local memory.
>

>> What I would do is track down the source of the address for these loads
>> in the asm listing, and see if I can tell.
>>

> I tried to do that, but for some loads I wasn't able to track it to the
> specific number. Most of the registers used as base address are set up
> using arithmetic or logical operations and I hoped it's possible to avoid
> manually calculating addresses.
>
> The only number I found is movt r36,0x8f00 and ldrb r38,[r36,+0x0] later
>
> Katja

Yaniv Sapir
Adapteva Inc.
1666 Massachusetts Ave, Suite 14
Lexington, MA 02420
Phone: (781)-328-0513 (x104)
Email: yaniv@...pteva.com
Web: www.adapteva.com
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain information
that is confidential and proprietary to Adapteva, and Adapteva hereby
designates the information in this e-mail as confidential. The information
is
 intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you
are
copying,
distribution or use of any of the information contained in this
transmission is
strictly prohibited and that you should immediately destroy this e-mail and
its
contents and notify Adapteva.