Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 14:08:42 +0200
From: Katja Malvoni <kmalvoni@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: bcrypt-parallella on 64-core (was: Katja's weekly
 report #13)

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Yaniv Sapir <yaniv@...pteva.com> wrote:

> These come from compiled code, or your optimized assembly?

r38 comes from my code but it's not external load, one member of P array is
loaded into r38 but P array is in local memory.

> What I would do is track down the source of the address for these loads in
> the asm listing, and see if I can tell.

I tried to do that, but for some loads I wasn't able to track it to the
specific number. Most of the registers used as base address are set up
using arithmetic or logical operations and I hoped it's possible to avoid
manually calculating addresses.

The only number I found is movt r36,0x8f00 and ldrb r38,[r36,+0x0] later

Katja

Content of type "text/html" skipped