Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 22:44:24 +0200
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: wordlist for mask mode

2013/8/1 Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>:
> I have wordlist mode with mask mode enabled for mscash-opencl. The mask is
> appended to the word.

Are you going to implement "?w" placeholder?
If that would be hard to implement on gpu I would be happy to see it
on cpu anyway.
Ideally it should be possible to specify multiple ?w in mask, for
example ?w?d?w?l

> So for an effective use of gpu worldlist should have
> at least 2048x1024 words and the mask should be minimum 2 placeholder long.
> Also mask with higher charter count per placeholder is always better.

Please add such information to your doc/MASK-MODE.

I found in that document:
	?l = all lowercase alphabets
I guess it should be characters and I see no reason to not specify
explicite all 26 characters, and later use that to define ?a.

Lukas