Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 12:33:11 +0530
From: Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: wordlist for mask mode

Hi,

I have wordlist mode with mask mode enabled for mscash-opencl. The mask is
appended to the word. So for an effective use of gpu worldlist should have
at least 2048x1024 words and the mask should be minimum 2 placeholder long.
Also mask with higher charter count per placeholder is always better.
Prepending is much easier than appending but I haven't yet implemented it
mostly because shortage of time.

Please  list other formats which needs wordlist + mask among rawmd5,
rawmd4, nt, and rawsha1 according to priority. I'll try to implement it on
as many formats as I can befor contest.

Also the wordlist file should contain only one word per line with no
comment or space on top.

git clone https://github.com/Sayantan2048/JohnTheRipper.git -b
bleeding-jumbo

example:
./john --wordlist=mylist --mask=?l?l?l -format=mscash-opencl test.in

Regards,
Sayantan

[ CONTENT OF TYPE text/html SKIPPED ]