Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 00:47:14 +0200
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Next salt for salted hashes ?

2013/7/28 Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>:
> Is there any way I can predict what is the actual next salt that will be
> called in next crypt_all ? I can make a dirty hack(within the format itself)
> to get around both these problems but it is better if I have a clean
> procedure for getting the next uncracked salt.

I am affraid that currently it is not possible. I guess that to do it
properly we would have to change fmt_main struct, and code which is
responsible for "feeding" the formats.
How do you want to do it in format itself?

> I need this for async transfer of salt and its associated loaded hashes and
> bitmapas.

Same trick could be used to async transfer of plaintexts, which could
help a bit for fast hashes.

Lukas