Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 22:50:34 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Parallella: Litecoin mining

Rafael,

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 05:48:56PM +0100, Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas wrote:
> Third daily report.

Thanks.  One minor nitpick: you tend to (bottom-)quote irrelevant
context on your messages.  Please quote relevant context only (but do
quote it when appropriate).

> Accomplishments:
> 1. Add TMTO Scrypt version to CGMiner.

I think you wrote below that you have not in fact added scrypt with TMTO
to cgminer yet - you merely implemented that separately from cgminer.
So the latter is your actual accomplishment, and the line above is
incorrect.  Is that right?

> For some reason TMTO Scrypt version is really slower than CGMiner's Scrypt
> (both working o my computer and TMTO fixed to 0), maybe it's because the
> way that the memory is handled.

How much slower is it?  It'd help your further development if you figure
out the cause of this slowdown (and likely avoid it).

Where is the code?

> Any way I will try to have a prototipe
> working on Parallella between today and tomorrow, after it I will try to
> improve the code.

OK.

Here's some context you quoted:

> 2013/7/27 Yaniv Sapir <yaniv@...pteva.com>
>
> > No (hardware) caches in the Epiphany.
[...]

As you can see, it is not relevant to your daily report closely enough
to have it quoted.

Alexander