Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 02:48:21 +0530
From: Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Mask mode for GPU

On Tuesday 18 June 2013 06:54 AM, Solar Designer wrote:
> Sayantan,
>
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 12:11:21AM +0530, Sayantan Datta wrote:
>> I have a draft implementation for mask mode on the host side ready. It
>> is in my personal git repo( bleeding branch):
>> https://github.com/Sayantan2048/JohnTheRipper.git
> Oh, here's a minor detail/request: please don't misattribute your code
> changes to me.  When you edit a file originally written by me, please
> specify yourself as a copyright holder as well.  Please do it even in
> draft implementations - in whatever you commit publicly.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alexander

Hi Alexander,

I want to implement range based on consecutive ascii codes. How do we
change the mask for this? Currently rpp generates all characters when a
range is provided e.g. [A-D] generates A, B, C, D.
However for generating any ascii value e.g say 0 to 255 we might have to
change the mask syntax. For example -mask=[0x00-0xff] which will
generate all the 8bit chars. Is this syntax OK? Of course it will
support any other subsets too.

Regards,
Sayantan