Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 16:38:46 +0100
From: Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas <lord.rafa@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Parallella: scrypt

Hello,

I will focus on Litecoin integration, I would like confirm this:

Cgminer divides the work between the different host connected to the mining
pool, then it will send keys to be hashed with scrypt and the hash would be
compared with the one that we want to break (normal brute-force attack).
Once the correct key has been found, it will be shared with the pool in
order to generate the Litecoins that would be shared between the all hosts.

We are going to use JtR to hash the keys that has been sent to us, compare
the hash with the ciphertext that we want to break and return if is valid
or not.

Also Cgminer can work in solo mode but I suppose that this not that much
interesting and in anyway for JtR communication only changes the key set
that we are going to hash.

Then in order to integrate Cgminer with JtR, I need to remove from Cgminer:
scrypt, sha256, fpga,gpu support and any other hash function (since we'll
hash from JtR) and only keep Cgminner's pooling functions.

Then it doesn't matter if Cgminer supports CPU mining or not because this
work will be accomplish by JtR core since we will only use Cgminer to
connect with the rest of the Litecoin network.

Cgminer also suports bitcoin then also bcrypt will be needed to a full
Cgminer but since Katja still working on it I will comment any bitcoin
reference for now.

Regards,
Rafael.

Content of type "text/html" skipped