Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:15:34 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: new dev box wishes

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 01:48:58PM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> PCIe cards:
> 7990
> Titan
> Xeon Phi 5110P

Xeon Phi 5110P has passive cooling (that's what the "P" means, I think),
and the actively cooled model 3120A is not available for purchase here.

So it'd be tough to cool this card in the desktop'ish Haswell
motherboard in the full tower case that we're going to try putting this
stuff into.  Basically, there are two options:

1. Water cooling.  I'd appreciate any advice on water cooling for Xeon
Phi 5110P.  (If we do that, perhaps we should do it for 7990 as well.)

2. Purchase a suitable server platform and move the Xeon Phi to there.
http://www.supermicro.com/products/nfo/Xeon_Phi.cfm

Alexander