Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 22:00:26 +0200
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: AMD GCN ISA development

2013/6/2 Dániel Bali <balijanosdaniel@...il.com>:
> Sorry for my absence.
No problem, good to see you back, and welcome onboard.
I'm not sure if you noticed, but I am happy to announce that I'll be
your mentor during this summer.

> According to my proposal the first step of my project would be an automated
> tool that allows us to assemble and run GCN ISA code.

We will have to do some more work on your proposal.
Later I'll post my opinion about it in a separate topic.
Also we should somehow separate your and Sayantan's work - to be
disscussed later.

> Unfortunately no known assembler exists that would work for us (except for
> HetPas which is Windows based and closed-source).
> However, we have a part of realhet's code that was used in HetPas.
> My idea is to write a tool that assembles GCN ISA code into bytecode and
> patches a specific section of the inner elf using libelf.

This is ok, but for the moment I would like to propose different task
for the beginning.

Lukas