Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 15:54:38 -0400
From:  <jfoug@....net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Link failure (bleeding win32-cygwin-x86-any )

A 32 bit generic 'might' trigger this.

NOTE, all of the warnings / errors you list will be going away, once I can get my changes to dyna checked in.  But I really do not want to do that 'untested'.  There are some very large changes.  I 100% re-wrote the SHA1 code.   It is as fast, or faster for ALL sha1 formats, with the exception of sha1($p)

But at this time, I have only been able to build sse.  The -any (or generic) do properly build all of the dynamic stuff, BUT if I can not at least do want to get a working build ,that I can do a -test=0 before pushing the commit.  I 'think' it is done and working, but really need to see the results of -test=0;

Jim.

---- magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
> On 2 Jun, 2013, at 15:52 , jfoug@....net wrote:
> > I think the recent change:  f873e40d51 by Sayantan is causing this problem.  Here is the linkage errors:
> >
> > DES_fmt.o:DES_fmt.c:(.text+0x117): undefined reference to `_DES_bs_all'
> > DES_fmt.o:DES_fmt.c:(.text+0x25e): undefined reference to `_DES_bs_crypt_25'
> >
> > So it looks like something changed, so that these functions are being called, in builds which do not have them, or possibly it was code being removed that should have been left.  I really do not know.  The change is complex, simply looking at the git patch.
>
> I tried a generic build in case it would reproduce the above, but I got this:
>
> dynamic_fmt.c: In function 'FreeBSDMD5Crypt_setup_nonMMX':
> dynamic_fmt.c:4546:92: warning: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast [enabled by default]
>   md5_items[14].off[i] = md5_items[15].off[i] = md5_items[18].off[i] = md5_items[20].off[i] = &cp1[cp-cp1];

.... lots of compile errors