Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 06:27:03 +0100
From: Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas <lord.rafa@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Parallella: OpenCL

Hello,

I have advanced with my experiments with native epiphany code. Now I have a
make target for linux-parallella-16 that loads in epiphany's cores the
source code that in the BF patch says that is to be executed in FPGA. I'm
using the shared memory to load the variables from the host to the epiphany.

It's still not working. When I execute "./john --format=BF --test" I got
FAILED (get_hash[0](0)) but at least I know that the write and read to/from
de shared memory works fine and something it's running on the epiphany
cores.

Best regards,
Rafael.

2013/5/20 Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas <lord.rafa@...il.com>

> Hello,
>
> This weekend I was working in the no_opencl version of jonh the ripper. I
> read the patch and I try to port the BF_N area. I'm having problems with
> the shared memory, Currently I'm reading more about how to solve it.
>
> Furthermore I get an answer in the forum about the problems with opencl
> version. They say that in a few weeks will be available new opencl sdk
> version compatible with the current epiphany sdk version. Also I seen that
> someone installs the old sdk version but I still having a segmentation
> fault error.
>
> Best regards,
> Rafa.
>

> 2013/5/16 Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas <lord.rafa@...il.com>
>
>> Hello Alexander,
>>
>> This afternoon I have a meeting with my final degree project adviser but
>> I will start with the other approach tonight.
>>
>> Thanks to you for reply,
>>
>> Rafa
>>

>> 2013/5/16 Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>

>>> downgrade
>>>
>>> Yaniv mentioned he's going to do some updating on the system, which may
>>> help.
>>>
>>> That said, yes, I think implementing bcrypt for Epiphany without OpenCL
>>> is a good idea.  OpenCL is just one of the ways to do it, and we ought
>>> to try other ways as well even if we get bcrypt in OpenCL working.  So
>>> please pursue both approaches.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Alexander

Content of type "text/html" skipped