Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 18:04:49 +0100
From: Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas <lord.rafa@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Parallella: OpenCL

Hello,

This weekend I was working in the no_opencl version of jonh the ripper. I
read the patch and I try to port the BF_N area. I'm having problems with
the shared memory, Currently I'm reading more about how to solve it.

Furthermore I get an answer in the forum about the problems with opencl
version. They say that in a few weeks will be available new opencl sdk
version compatible with the current epiphany sdk version. Also I seen that
someone installs the old sdk version but I still having a segmentation
fault error.

Best regards,
Rafa.

2013/5/16 Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas <lord.rafa@...il.com>

> Hello Alexander,
>
> This afternoon I have a meeting with my final degree project adviser but I
> will start with the other approach tonight.
>
> Thanks to you for reply,
>
> Rafa
>

> 2013/5/16 Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
>
>> On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 03:57:10PM +0100, Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas
>> wrote:
>> > What I should do now, try to make bcrypt run without opencl or downgrade
>> > the browndeer sdk?.
>>
>> Yaniv mentioned he's going to do some updating on the system, which may
>> help.
>>
>> That said, yes, I think implementing bcrypt for Epiphany without OpenCL
>> is a good idea.  OpenCL is just one of the ways to do it, and we ought
>> to try other ways as well even if we get bcrypt in OpenCL working.  So
>> please pursue both approaches.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Alexander

Content of type "text/html" skipped