Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 08:07:46 +0530
From: Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: AMD GCN ISA development

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 8:34 PM, Dániel Bali <balijanosdaniel@...il.com>wrote:

> Does anybody know what tool I should use to do this? Should I use libelf
> itself?

It is better to use libelf-devel for modifying binaries.  Also you can't
just modify the text section unless it has the exact same size as before.
If the size is different you also need to update the symtab section. All
the necessary details are in the attached pdf. Since AMD elf objects are
elf within elf , you might also need to modify the inner elf. You can also
check my AMD-IL page if you need an example for libelf.

Regards,
Sayantan

[ CONTENT OF TYPE text/html SKIPPED ]

[ CONTENT OF TYPE application/x-gzip SKIPPED ]