Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 06:52:57 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: --fork under Cygwin

On Mon, May 06, 2013 at 10:47:52PM -0400, Rich Rumble wrote:
> Anyone know how to "check out" older versions of cygwin1.dll? I could try
> to run a few different ones, I have the latest (1.7.18), and the one from
> the JtR we use because of an OMP bug, but there may be others worth trying
> as well, just in case...

I don't know of a good way to acquire more versions, but I'd be fine
with test results for the two versions of cygwin1.dll you mentioned.

> Once I'm in front of my computer I'll try what i
> have from yesterday's bleeding DL.

I'm more interested in test results for JtR 1.7.9.13 (has --fork enabled
even on Cygwin) and 1.7.9.14 (has --fork disabled on Cygwin, but you may
also try re-enabling with a trivial edit to os.h).

Thanks!

Alexander