Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 19:16:17 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: cfg_get_param() (was: gpg2john)

On 13 Mar, 2013, at 14:48 , Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com> wrote:
> Why does the function cfg_get_param(SECTION_OPTIONS, SUBSECTION_OPENCL, GWS_CONFIG) always returning null ? It is supposed to get the GWS_CONFIG value from john.conf, right?

Most likely because it does not find any value for the requested item in the active config file(s). The harder question might be why... Where does this happen? In unstable? Bleeding? Which format?

I would debug print the SECTION_OPTIONS, SUBSECTION_OPENCL and GWS_CONFIG strings to verify what is actually being queried, and then check john.conf (and john.local.conf) for that section and subsection.

magnum