Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 13:24:47 +0530
From: Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: bitslice DES on GPU

Hi Alexander,

I am working on patching the source at run time. However it seems that
during benchmark , salt is changed every time before a crypt all() call is
made.  This is negatively affecting the benchmark results because every
time the salt is changed we need to rebuild the kernel which is very slow.
So is it possible to run the benchmark without changing the salt every time
? In real world cracking how often is the salt changed ?

Regards,
Sayantan

[ CONTENT OF TYPE text/html SKIPPED ]