Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 05:25:51 +0400
From: Alexander Cherepanov <cherepan@...me.ru>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: GPL license is not free at all

On 2012-10-02 02:06, Milen Rangelov wrote:
> I still think the better solution is "GPL+unrar exception".

The unrar exception is required from all authors of GPL'd code (like
pdfparser). Do you think this is realistic? I don't know.

> I really
> wouldn't believe someone would grab a password cracker and turn it into an
> archiver. It could basically do it with either unrar code or say the clamav
> port. That's just insane.

So you are saying that if it's not feasible to build an archiver from
the code in john then its inclusion is ok but if it's feasible then it's
not ok? Kinda strange IMHO.
Anywat it's not relevant.

--
Alexander Cherepanov