Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 17:13:41 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Aleksey's daily status report #13

On 08/20/2012 03:53 PM, Aleksey Cherepanov wrote:
> - dependencies (needs qt and john, and does not need anything else)

So if a user intends to use johnny with openwall's john version (either
official or jumbo), he needs to install the distribution's john package
anyway. May be it is the best way to proceed, because most users of
johnny will probably not be that familiar with john, and they'll expect
exactly this behavior.
I'll try and see what happens when I uninstall fedora's john package.
Will I be prompted to uninstall johnny as well, or not?
(Unfortunately, I can't test right now.)

Frank.