Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 21:48:00 -0400
From: David Jones <jonesd@...umbus.rr.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: David Jones <jonesd@...umbus.rr.com>
Subject: Re: runtime plugins, FMT_MAIN_VERSION, and OpenVMS support

On Jul 17, 2012, at 5:01 PM, Solar Designer wrote:

>> I notice the unrar stuff has some GNU C dependencies.
>
> Can you be more specific?

I'm using the 1.7.9-jumbo-6 tarball...

unrarppm.h is using __attribute__((packed)) on some of its struct definitions.

My compiler also complains about about the expression "(read-size==-1)" in unrar.c
comparing an unsigned int to a negative number.  It doesn't seem to consider 0xffffffff a negative number.