Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 16:11:55 +0400
From: "Elijah [W&P]" <smarteam.support@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: markov per-position / masks

On 29 June 2012 15:32, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

 The wishlist is what magnum and Jim and Dhiru want to see and
> potentially work on themselves. ;-)  Mask mode is on my to-do, and it is
> a rather high priority now that it's relevant to myrice's work on fast
> hashes on GPU.  Have you missed that bit of discussion in here?

Yes, my bad :) found the thread now.

>  > There even was such a
> > version with masks like 7 years ago but sources are gone/it is not
> > maintained anymore.
>
> I don't recall that.

Here is what I believe to be one of the latest modifications -
http://www.smarteam.net.ru/john/john-20080222-latest.rar
Sometimes it is was cited as "russian jtr"
http://helleye.team3x.com/html/mask.html (maybe to the fact that the forum
where it came from is russian-speaking). The post with first mention about
mask mode is here if somebody is interested (but sorry, registration is
needed) is http://www.wapbbs.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=606918&postcount=44

Content of type "text/html" skipped