Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 18:29:07 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: 1.7.9-jumbo-6

On 06/21/2012 06:20 PM, jfoug wrote:
>> From: Solar Designer [mailto:solar@...nwall.com]
>>
>> I think we're almost ready to release the current magnum-jumbo as 1.7.9-
>> jumbo-6.
>
> I thought there was mention, of some gcc flag that would spit out warnings
> (or errors), if a variable was not declared at the top of a block.

-Wdeclaration-after-statement (C and Objective-C only)

Warn when a declaration is found after a statement in a block.  This
construct, known from C++,
was introduced with ISO C99 and is by default allowed in GCC.  It is not
supported by ISO C90
and was not supported by GCC versions before GCC 3.0.

Probably noone is using GGC older than 3.0, nut what about other compilers?

Frank