Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 20:26:37 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: ./john --test --format=crypt --subformat=BF (usage
 problem)

On 06/07/2012 06:05 PM, Frank Dittrich wrote:
> On 06/06/2012 11:32 PM, magnum wrote:
>> All these are valid concerns and I probably meant to use strcasecmp().
>> I'll have a look some time. Or would you like to submit a patch?
>
> OK, done.
>
> I even invested a little time studying basic git usage.
> See the attached patch file.
> I hope I got this right. If not, please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

This patch format is fine, however since you're using git: If you
produce your future patches with "git format-patch" instead of "git
diff", the patch will contain author, commit description etc so I can
just apply it (using "git am") and *everything* is set. The patch you
attached is more like a traditional patch so I need to manually re-set
author and come up with a commit description. Both these formats are
compatible with old-style patch though, so I normally procude almost all
patches with "git format-patch" even if the recipient is not using git.

> I implemented all the suggested changes.
>
> You can now use upper and lower case subformat names.
> In addition to the subformat names that were previously allowed I added
> raw-sga256 and raw-sha512.

I'm sure you really meant to include "cryptsha256" and "cryptsha512" and
not the raw-SHA2 formats. No worries, I'll fix that.

Thanks!
magnum