Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 20:00:59 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: get_source() (was: memory usage within JtR and possible
 ways to significantly reduce it.)

Jim,

I saw problems with the new code today. When trying to resume a session
or --show=left, it segfaulted at line 493 in loader.c due to
current_pw->source being a NULL pointer (which is expected) sent to
strcmp (which is problematic).

The enclosed patch "fixed" the problem but I am really not sure if this
is correct. Does this hack just omit a dupe check that should be
performed? If so, I guess the real fix would be to actually call our new
get_source() function.

magnum

View attachment "diff.txt" of type "text/plain" (453 bytes)