Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 08:39:38 +0200
From: Per Thorsheim <per@...rsheim.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: NIST SHA-3  finalists - any thoughts on JtR support?

Please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sha-3

I've talked to Joan Daemen (AES), his team has the Keccak hash function
as one of the 5 finalists in the NIST competition for SHA-3. I'm hoping
to have him at Passwords^12 in December, independent of who wins the
competition.

NIST will announce a winner sometime this year, and it might happen
during summer.

So for the obvious question; any thoughts on implementing support for
all finalists, eventually prepare for implementing support for the
winner? After all we can expect a pretty wide deployment of it during
the next couple of years. :-)

--
Best regards,
Per Thorsheim

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (199 bytes)