Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 19:51:19 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: bitslice des

On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 08:51:14PM +0530, Deepika Dutta Mishra wrote:
> I would like to contribute to your work if you require, since bitslicing is
> what i am focusing on if you have any requirement in it I would like to
> contribute, this will help me also in mastering this technique.

We had a discussion on this very list with Piyush Mittal regarding
changing more of the JtR "formats" to use the bitslice DES
implementation.  (Right now, many formats use non-bitslice DES code from
OpenSSL instead - I guess primarily because the contributors of those
did not figure out how to use the bitslice implementation.)  If you're
interested, please locate and read my replies to Piyush Mittal's many
postings on the subject.  Something like:

http://search.gmane.org/?query=%22Piyush+Mittal%22&author=Solar+Designer&group=gmane.comp.security.openwall.john.devel&sort=revdate

although I think there were more postings on that topic.

Additionally, we have a bitslice SHA-256 and SHA-512 task mentioned here:

http://openwall.info/wiki/ideas#John-the-Ripper

Alexander