Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 20:51:14 +0530
From: Deepika Dutta Mishra <dipikadutta@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: bitslice des

thanks, i am studying bitslicing technique and want to use it for improving
encryption performance which is required for a project of mine. I dont want
to directly reuse your code but want to understand the technique and use it
according to my requirement. Since yours is the fastest implementation, I
am studying it.

I would like to contribute to your work if you require, since bitslicing is
what i am focusing on if you have any requirement in it I would like to
contribute, this will help me also in mastering this technique.

Thanks,
deepika

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 6:51 PM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 11:50:47AM +0530, Deepika Dutta Mishra wrote:
> > I was going through DES_bs_b.c, function DES_bs_crypt(int count, int
> > keys_count) seems to be the one doing Bit Sliced DES. I want to know
> where
> > are the keys, plaintext, ciphertext being set in bitsliced form?
>
> For parts of the key setup code, see DES_bs.c.  The rest of it is
> inlined into DES_bs_crypt() itself (in 1.7.9).
>
> The plaintext is 0.
>
> The ciphertexts are being computed by that function.
>
> What are you doing this for?  I mean, would you like to reuse the code
> in another project (what project?), or would you like to contribute to
> JtR development (in what ways?), or something else?
>
> Alexander

Content of type "text/html" skipped