Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 21:53:19 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Unofficial Jumbo git repo

Simon finally got me to try out github. I now have a public repo
available at https://github.com/magnumripper/magnum-jumbo.git containing
my Jumbo branch.

Core John's CVS history was imported, but there are (currently) no
historical Jumbo patches in there, except all patches from J8 on is
still separate commits.

Until Solar puts up an official git repo, mine should be fairly updated
and if nothing else you can always get a snapshot tar ball in a click.

Until now (just using git locally) I have just applied and committed
Jim's (and others') patches so all of them are erroneously marked with
me as author. From now on I will make sure the correct author is listed
(so we can use git blame ;-)

If at all possible, I will soon stop posting patches to the wiki but
instead post announcements to the john-dev. The wiki is NOOOOT a good
tool for version management. I don't know exactly how/when things will
work from now on, let's find out.

Jim, would you consider creating an account and cloning? Actually it
might be sensible to give you r/w access? I'm really not used to how to
best use shared git repos.

magnum