Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 00:51:38 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Unofficial Jumbo git repo

On 12/16/2011 09:53 PM, magnum wrote:
> Simon finally got me to try out github. I now have a public repo
> available at https://github.com/magnumripper/magnum-jumbo.git containing
> my Jumbo branch.

Forget the .git part of that url. For browsing the web gui, the url
better be this:
https://github.com/magnumripper/magnum-jumbo/branches

For cloning the latest stuff with git:
git clone https://github.com/magnumripper/magnum-jumbo john

I already messed up the initial branch by pulling 0008 before realising
Jumbo-5 was out (without it). A new branch called "1.7.9-jumbo-5" is
added that has things in the right order. This has been made the default
branch. I think I'll actually re-branch at every release from Solar
instead of trying to maintain a single never ending branch.

I am a n00b at using git remotely (let alone administering) so I'll
probably do some things completely backwards. Please shoot a mail if you
have suggestions (off-list list if that seems sensible)

I think I'll let anyone (known on this list) have r/w access, just send
my your ssh public key and I'll add it. If everything goes bezerk we
just fix it or start over from scratch. I rather have people pushing
themselves, that's more like out good old wiki ;-)

magnum