Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 14:15:50 +0530
From: piyush mittal <>
Subject: Re: Bit slice implementation of DES based hashes

How to run Jtr is not a big issue.I don't know what was the problem
with "john-1.7.8-jumbo-7" on my 64 bit platform.Right now i am working
with "john-1.7.8-jumbo-8" and that is working fine.

After enumerating through all Des based formats.I got following
formats that are not using bilt slicing concept

Tripcode DES

I will try to convert Tripcode DES first.

Thanking You

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 6:33 AM, Solar Designer <> wrote:
> All -
> Piyush has volunteered to try converting the various DES-based formats
> in -jumbo to use the bitslice DES implementation.  Hence the Subject.
> Piyush -
> On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 09:00:23PM +0530, piyush mittal wrote:
>> While compiling Jtr jumbo version first i got a error because of not
>> availability of OpenSSL package that i fixed by installing it but now
>> i am getting errors as follows:
>> x86-64.S:1315: Error: bad register name `%xmm9'
>> make: *** [linux-x86-64] Error 2
> This is an end-user issue, not a development issue; if you continue to
> have end-user issues like this, it'd be more appropriate to bring them
> up in their own threads on john-users rather than in this thread on
> john-dev.  Obviously, you need to be able to build and use (at least
> test) John the Ripper before you're possibly able to contribute to its
> development.  That said, as it relates to the specific issue above:
> My guess is that your OS install is a 32-bit one, whereas you're trying
> to build with a 64-bit make target as above.  Obviously, this fails.
> You need to either use a 32-bit make target (perhaps linux-x86-sse2) or
> install a 64-bit OS.
> Alexander

Piyush Mittal
M.Tech SEM-Ist
National Institute of Technology,Rourkela

Mob. +91 8260859399